Thursday, August 21, 2014

30 DAY CHALLENGE: CONCLUSION

So, yesterday was the end of my 30 day challenge!  I made it!  I have had my ups and downs over the last month.  I'm an emotional eater, and since I'm also human, I have stress and a job and pets to take care of, so there were definitely days that I wanted to quit.  Knowing that I had to post what I was eating everyday on Instagram helped to hold me accountable, and seeing my weight and body fat drop helped motivate me on those hard days.  Find something that motivates you, set small weekly goals, and just keep working at it.

I didn't do anything crazy for this challenge.  I am not on any supplements, other than a multivitamin and protein shakes after my workout.  I was just very strict with my diet.  I made sure that I ate proper portion sizes and I was careful to not over-eat, but also not under-eat.  Not eating enough doesn't help you burn fat, it just helps you lose muscle (bad, very bad).  The more you commit to your food, the more results you see. It's that simple.  You have to want it for yourself.




My final measurements were a weight in of 134.8 and body fat of 21.5% which is a total drop of 7.4 lbs and 2.3% body fat in 30 days.  Not gonna lie I'm impressed with myself.

I've had a couple of people ask me how I have been cooking for the challenge, and honestly, it's super simple because... I am not a good cook.  My breakfast every morning was two eggs, 2-3 pieces of turkey bacon, and some type of fruit.  I didn't put anything special into this meal. Most days I didn't even put salt or pepper on my eggs.  Lunch was brown rice and lean protein, usually chicken.  Plain grilled chicken gets boring really fast, so to make it tasty I use Weber 
Grill Mates.  I literally just sprinkle them on the chicken and then throw it on the George Foreman (nothing crazy going on here).  The rice is also pretty boring, so instead of cooking it in plain water I sometimes used low sodium chicken broth (the broth doesn't add a whole ton of flavor but have you ever had plain brown rice?  It's not fun).  



At dinner I had veggies, which I would simply steam (steamed veggies are my favorite), and more lean protein.  I got a lot of feedback on my salmon, and what I did with it was super simple.  I love BBQ, but I don't like the sugar in BBQ sauce. So, I put olive oil in the pan and let it heat up, then mix in some of the BBQ dry rub, then add the salmon.  That's it - told you it was easy. There is a little bit of sugar in the dry rub, but not nearly as much as sauces.

Other things I ate that I really liked were the chicken sausage and Morning Star tofu burgers (try them they are hella good).

I also came across two pancake recipes that I really like.  The first I found on Pinterest (you gotta check out Pinterest for healthy recipes).  The second I got from a blog I really like called Rabbit Food for my Bunny Teeth.  Check out that blog, cause she does awesome recipes.

Banana Protein Pancakes:
  • Two eggs
  • One banana
  • One scoop of protein powder
Mash up the banana first, then mix in the eggs and protein.  I used a 1/4 cup measuring cup to then spoon them onto a hot griddle.  When you see the bubbles, flip them like you would pancakes.

Egg White Pancakes:
  • 3 egg whites
  • 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1/2 tbsp honey or agave
  • 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 scoop protein powder (if you want the extra protein)
Combine everything in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.  Then spoon onto hot griddle.  When you see the bubbles flip them.  Enjoy, this one honestly tastes way better than regular pancakes.
look at them, so yummy

So, now what?  Well, first things first: I will be indulging in a cheeseburger with bacon seriously I have been thinking about this burger for 30 days and I will enjoy it (even if it makes me sick after).  Then... I'll be back at it with the grilled chicken and green veggies and tofu burgers.  Feel free to contact me if you are interested in my meal planning.  Keep a look out for my next challenge, and I hope you'll join me.  

**NOTE: My meals and caloric intake are based on my body and lifestyle.  Please do not copy my meals or portion sizes as they may not be appropriate for your needs.  Always consult your doctor before starting any new meal plans.**

No comments:

Post a Comment